- Ted Nugent raffles AR-15 for Colo. candidate Tom Tancredo
- White House ‘recalibrating strategy’ on Obama’s surgeon general nominee
- Obamacare youth push escalates with meme-themed website
- Crimean P.M. mocks Obama in faked Russian uniform on Twitter
- Another GM recall: 1.18M SUVs for air bag issue
- GOP strikes back: We are not the party that wages war on women
- Third person dies after South By Southwest crash
- L’Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide; fashion designer was Mick Jagger’s girlfriend
- Diamond-encrusted $3.2M men’s suit repels bullets
- PHILLIPS: The insanity of ‘free trade’ agreements
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - John Horvat Ii
Some wonder if President Obama prefers to be in campaign mode rather than tending the home fires -- or putting them out, anyway -- in the nation's capital. There could be truth to that notion this week.
Mr. Horvat, who heads the Tradition, Family and Property Commission for American Studies, says, "We do not think it is caused by our vibrant system of private property and free enterprise as so many socialists are wont to claim ... . Far from promoting a free market, frenetic intemperance undermines and throws it out of balance and even prepares the way for socialism."
Frenetic intemperance has become "unsustainable," Mr. Horvat says.