- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest John Isner Items
Murray finally got the better of Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany, needing 40 minutes to complete a 3-6, 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 12-10 win and reach the French Open fourth round on Sunday. The match between Wimbledon champion Murray and the 28th-seeded Kohlschreiber was suspended because of fading light Saturday.
Hard-serving John Isner was broken a total of once through his first three French Open matches.
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain thwarted a comeback attempt by Donald Young of the United States and beat him 6-2, 6-4, 2-6, 6-7 (4), 6-4 Saturday at the French Open, making John Isner the only American man in the fourth round.
A look at the French Open on Friday:
John Isner became the first American man to reach the French Open's fourth round since 2010, beating 17th-seeded Tommy Robredo of Spain 7-6 (13), 7-6 (3), 6-7 (5), 7-5 Friday.
Poor Nicolas Mahut. Probably was deflating enough that he lost his first-round match at the French Open. Then the Frenchman went to his news conference.
Tenth-seeded John Isner hit 23 aces Sunday and got the only break of serve he needed in the third set of a 7-6 (5), 7-6 (4), 7-5 victory over 130th-ranked Pierre-Hugues Herbert to reach the second round at the French Open.
Here are five things to look for on Monday at the French Open:
Top-seeded John Isner of the United States lost 6-4, 5-7, 7-6 (6) to Federico Delbonis of Argentina in the Open de Nice quarterfinals as both players wasted match points on Thursday.