- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
Latest John Junker Items
For years, John Junker enjoyed the prestige of running the Fiesta Bowl organization, pulling in a six-figure salary, rubbing elbows with powerful people and taking advantage of the perks of the job such as spending $33,000 in bowl money on his birthday bash.
A former longtime Fiesta Bowl chief executive was sentenced to eight months in federal prison on Thursday after acknowledging that he participated in an illegal campaign contribution scheme.
A former Fiesta Bowl chief executive who admitted to participating in an illegal campaign contribution scheme is asking a federal judge to sentence him next week to probation for his conviction.
An attorney for a former Fiesta Bowl chief executive who admitted to participating in an illegal campaign contribution scheme says the former executive's friends and associates have asked the judge who will sentence him next month for leniency.
Prosecutors are seeking a one-year prison sentence for a former Fiesta Bowl chief executive who admitted to participating in an illegal campaign contribution scheme, saying the longtime bowl leader should be granted some leniency for cooperating with authorities but should ultimately serve time behind bars because he abused his position of power.
An Arizona lobbyist targeted in a Fiesta Bowl corruption probe was sentenced Monday to 200 hours of community service and one year of unsupervised probation in a separate case.
An Arizona lobbyist who once represented the Fiesta Bowl and was charged with running an illegal campaign finance scheme on behalf of his lobbying firm pleaded guilty Monday to a misdemeanor charge of conspiracy to make a prohibited contribution.
PHOENIX (AP) — A federal judge said he's concerned over the ongoing delays in the sentencing of the Fiesta Bowl's former top executive, who admitted involvement in an illegal campaign contribution scheme.
Three skiers were killed Sunday when an avalanche swept them about a quarter-mile down an out-of-bounds canyon at a popular resort, but a fourth skier caught up in the slide was saved by an avalanche-safety device, authorities said.