- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
John K. Delaney
Latest John K. Delaney Items
Maryland's 6th District has long been a friendly home field for Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett, but he might have to win on the road if he wants to hold on to his seat this fall.
Potomac businessman John K. Delaney lodged a convincing victory Tuesday in Maryland's 6th District Democratic congressional primary, beating a candidate who was backed by many of the state's most powerful Democrats.
When Maryland leaders redrew the state's congressional map last year to give Democrats a better shot at winning the long-conservative 6th District, observers predicted it would yield the state's most competitive race of the 2012 election season.
State Senate Majority Leader Robert J. Garagiola is in the fight of his political life as he seeks the state's 6th District congressional seat, but he received an endorsement Thursday that he hopes will put him over the top in advance of Tuesday's Democratic primary.