- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
John K. Delaney
Latest John K. Delaney Items
Maryland's 6th District has long been a friendly home field for Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett, but he might have to win on the road if he wants to hold on to his seat this fall.
Potomac businessman John K. Delaney lodged a convincing victory Tuesday in Maryland's 6th District Democratic congressional primary, beating a candidate who was backed by many of the state's most powerful Democrats.
When Maryland leaders redrew the state's congressional map last year to give Democrats a better shot at winning the long-conservative 6th District, observers predicted it would yield the state's most competitive race of the 2012 election season.
State Senate Majority Leader Robert J. Garagiola is in the fight of his political life as he seeks the state's 6th District congressional seat, but he received an endorsement Thursday that he hopes will put him over the top in advance of Tuesday's Democratic primary.