- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
John K. Delaney
Latest John K. Delaney Items
Maryland's 6th District has long been a friendly home field for Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett, but he might have to win on the road if he wants to hold on to his seat this fall.
Potomac businessman John K. Delaney lodged a convincing victory Tuesday in Maryland's 6th District Democratic congressional primary, beating a candidate who was backed by many of the state's most powerful Democrats.
When Maryland leaders redrew the state's congressional map last year to give Democrats a better shot at winning the long-conservative 6th District, observers predicted it would yield the state's most competitive race of the 2012 election season.
State Senate Majority Leader Robert J. Garagiola is in the fight of his political life as he seeks the state's 6th District congressional seat, but he received an endorsement Thursday that he hopes will put him over the top in advance of Tuesday's Democratic primary.