- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
John L. Smith
Latest John L. Smith Items
The Washington Times' preseason college football Top 124
Five lists to help you through the 2012 college football season.
The job has never been more difficult. The rewards have never been greater.
John L. Smith always believed real estate development was the safest investment of all, saying "you may not make money, but you won't lose money."
Three Arkansas football players, including wide receivers Marquel Wade and Maudrecus Humphrey, were arrested Saturday and charged with burglarizing dorm rooms.
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long's hiring of John L. Smith for the next 10 months provided an unconventional, and perhaps temporary, solution to a problem that came with coach Bobby Petrino's sudden and scandal-ridden exit.
John L. Smith reintroduced himself to Arkansas by providing a dose of exactly what the school needed.
John L. Smith knows the Arkansas football program well and has a vested interest in its continued success. So a chance to help clean up the mess made by coach Bobby Petrino was too good to pass up.
John L. Smith stood at the podium, pouncing with a smile on every question he was asked about his surprise hire as the coach at Arkansas.