- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
John L. Smith
Latest John L. Smith Items
John L. Smith reintroduced himself to Arkansas by providing a dose of exactly what the school needed.
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long's hiring of John L. Smith for the next 10 months provided an unconventional, and perhaps temporary, solution to a problem that came with coach Bobby Petrino's sudden and scandal-ridden exit.
John L. Smith knows Arkansas, knows the expectations for a powerful program rocked by a scandal that cost Bobby Petrino his job.
John L. Smith stood at the podium, pouncing with a smile on every question he was asked about his surprise hire as the coach at Arkansas.
John L. Smith knows the Arkansas football program well and has a vested interest in its continued success. So a chance to help clean up the mess made by coach Bobby Petrino was too good to pass up.
Eager to move on from the Bobby Petrino scandal, Arkansas announced Monday that popular former assistant John L. Smith will return as head coach of the Razorbacks next season.
John L. Smith knew Arkansas as well as anyone, had a vested interest in seeing the program's recent run of success continue. The chance to help clean up the mess Bobby Petrino made was too much for Smith to pass up.
The Lakers jersey says World Peace on the back. The player wearing it is still Ron Artest, and he's in trouble again with the NBA.
A person familiar with the decision says Arkansas is bringing back John L. Smith on an interim basis next year to replace Bobby Petrino.