- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - john lewis
John Lewis of Helena is running as a Democrat for Montana's open U.S. House seat in 2014. Here are some biographical details on Lewis.
Montana voters will decide Tuesday the Democratic nominee in the campaign for U.S. House. Democrats see the open seat as their best chance in years of retaking Montana's only seat in Congress. Here are five things to know about the primary:
A former southwest Missouri school board member has received a 2-year sentence in federal prison for possession of child pornography.
A civil rights icon who is now an influential member of the House became the latest prominent Democrat on Monday to oppose one of President Barack Obama's picks to become a federal judge.
Democrats John Driscoll and John Lewis have spent much of their lives in politics, yet their paths to the June primary for Montana's sole U.S. House seat couldn't be more different.
Democratic U.S. House candidate John Lewis has raised about $300,000 since the beginning of the year.
A veteran New Hampshire judge has retired and been reprimanded after he made comments believed to disparage female lawyers.
The Arkansas Literary Festival scheduled for the end of the month will feature a talk by civil rights figure Rep. John Lewis, who is to discuss his graphic novel memoir.
A Wausau man is being held on $1 million bond in a fatal shooting outside a local bar.
Civil rights icon and U.S. Congressman John Lewis is scheduled to speak at Emory University's graduation ceremony.
Less than two weeks after a federal judge declared Virginia's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional, a new effort has been launched in the South seeking to build wider acceptance of gay and lesbian couples in the hope of overturning similar bans across the region.
U.S. Rep. John Lewis will speak at next year's Martin Luther King Jr. event in Peoria.
A 68-year-old former southwest Missouri school board member has pleaded guilty in federal court to possessing child pornography.
The Obama administration is under fire from powerful House Democrats and some in the civil rights community for its recent picks to fill four judicial vacancies on Georgia's Northern District federal bench.
It won’t be long before the face of the nation has changed to such extent that white will be the new color of the ethnic minority, predicted one black lawmaker from Georgia on national television.
Republicans have seized on the Baucus-Lewis connection with a "johnlewis4congress" website that urges Lewis to "retire from Washington."