- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - John Malott
The peak bloom period for cherry blossoms around the D.C. Tidal Basin is expected to be between March 26 and March 30, National Park Service officials announced Monday.
"The questions is, what do we do for an encore? And the answer is, keep going," he said. "This celebrates many things: the arrival of spring, the beauty of the city, and our connection to Japan."
Last year was the 100th anniversary of the gift of trees, explained Japan-America Society president John Malott.