- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest John Marshall Items
Jeremy Sheppard scored 27 points and Quaman Burton added 14 points and 14 assists as John Marshall defeated George Wythe 74-56 on Thursday afternoon to win the Virginia High School League's Group 3A boys state championship at the Siegel Center.
EDITOR'S NOTE _ Phoenix Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette adopted Twitter reluctantly but has now become an unlikely star on the social media network. In keeping with Twitter style, this story about Bissonnette's online personality is broken up into lines of 140 characters or less. Sections written by sports writer John Marshall are preceded by his Twitter handle (jmarshallap). Quotes from other sources are preceded by the handle or name of the person being quoted and set off by quotation marks. Actual tweets are clearly noted when they appear in the story.
Drew Peterson's defense lawyers called an ethics teacher and even trial spectator to the stand during an offbeat hearing Tuesday as they sought to persuade a judge to grant the former suburban Chicago police officer a new murder trial.
Acase now before the U.S. Supreme Court could clarify a 200-year-old mistake by the great Chief Justice John Marshall.
I have a headache. I imagine you do too, if you have been trying to interpret the legalese employed by those sages who have pronounced on Thursday's Supreme Court decision on Obamacare. I would rather read the lyrics of a thousand rap composers than the anfractuous language of one legal sage.
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
A mixture of politics, equestrian pursuits, architecture, art and spectacular gardens make Ashleigh, a 98-acre estate in Delaplane, Va., one of the most unusual properties to come on the market in years.
First responders and others who say they became ill after working at ground zero voiced anger and disappointment at a town hall meeting in New York on Wednesday night about a $2.8 billion federal fund for them.
The most provocative and potentially most dangerous economic policy initiative of the Obama administration is only now beginning to attract coverage — its proposal to shut down Boeing's second 787 Dreamliner plant in right-to-work South Carolina in mid-stream (after hundreds of millions of dollars have already been spent) in order to confine Boeing's new airplane construction to a union state (Washington).