- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest John Mitchell Items
Capitals general manager George McPhee says he traded two disgruntled players for a pair of proven playoff performers.
A left wing with 13 goals and 19 assists this season under former Washington coach Bruce Boudreau, Penner has spent six of his nine NHL seasons playing in the Los Angeles area with the Ducks or Kings and helped both franchises win a Stanley Cup.
The Phoenix Coyotes have had Martin Erat in their sights for a few years. Because he played for the Nashville Predators, a team they were always competing with, the Coyotes were never able to pull off a deal to bring him to the desert.
Marty Erat had been seeking a trade since November. He'll be back in Washington on Saturday.
Semyon Varlamov celebrated his new contract with another stellar performance in net.
Jussi Jokinen had a goal and two assists in the first period, Evgeni Malkin scored in the opening minute, and the Pittsburgh Penguins chased Jonathan Quick in a 4-1 victory over the struggling Los Angeles Kings on Thursday night.
Tyler Johnson stole the spotlight in a matchup of two top rookies.
Are the Capitals ready to make a deal? What will pull them out of a six-game losing streak?
A northern Idaho man has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison for possession of child pornography.