- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Latest John Morse Items
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A man is facing charges of forging signatures on petitions asking for the recall of Colorado Sen. John Morse.
Voters kicked him to the curb again at the ballot box, rejecting a proposed statewide income-tax hike heavily financed by Mr. Bloomberg just two months after ushering out two Democratic state senators who backed his gun-control agenda.
Two Republicans were sworn in Thursday to replace ousted Democratic state Sens. Angela Giron and John Morse, capping Colorado's history-making recall elections and signaling a shift in the state's political direction.
Tuesday's Colorado recall elections, pitting energized gun owners against well-funded Democrats, careened toward the finish line with weekend get-out-the-vote drives as analysts attempted to predict which way voters are leaning.
Jon Caldara has never actually lived in Colorado Springs — he's a longtime Boulder resident — but Saturday he cast a ballot in the recall election of state Sen. John Morse, who represents a district in Colorado Springs.
New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is the single biggest contributor to a group that is helping two anti-gun state Democrats fend off a recall effort and save their state legislative seats, according to just-released campaign finance reports.
A Quinnipiac University poll released Thursday shows that most Colorado voters oppose the state's newly passed gun-control laws, refuting Democratic lawmakers' insistence that the gun bills enjoy popular support.
In one of the more unlikely insurgencies of the year in American politics, three young plumbers from Pueblo have stunned Colorado's political establishment by doing what many campaign veterans insisted was impossible.
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper set Sept. 10 as the date for the state's first-ever legislative recall election Thursday after a judge rejected a lawsuit aimed at stopping the recalls of two Democratic state legislators.