- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
Latest John Morton Items
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has extended the jurisdiction of her sprawling department to the Internet. The "Homeland Security Investigations" division of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) seized control of 82 websites last week. Considering the mess Ms. Napolitano has made of airport screening, it's a bad idea to let Big Sister decide which websites will be allowed to exist in the future.
Nissan North America, Inc. today announced that it will continue its year-long celebration of the 40th anniversary of the icon Nissan Z with a display of historic Z racers at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, August 12 - 15 at Laguna Seca Raceway, Monterey, Calif.
Two key sheriffs along the Arizona-Mexico border on Tuesday called a planned visit by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Assistant Secretary John Morton a "political stunt" and described as "pathetic" Obama administration attempts to "cover up its inaction in protecting our borders."
The excuse that new U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) guidelines are driven by the agency's limited resources is a bogus one ("Lack of resources lets ICE nab only riskiest of illegals," Page 1, Monday).
The union that represents rank-and-file field agents at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has unanimously passed a "vote of no confidence" for the agency's leadership, saying ICE has "abandoned" its core mission of protecting the public to support a political agenda favoring amnesty.
New guidance telling U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to focus on apprehending terrorists and criminals has many of ICE's rank-and-file agents wondering who then is responsible for tracking down and detaining the millions of other illegal border-crossers and fugitive aliens now in the country.
In an agreement U.S. immigration officials hope will begin to reshape the entire 30,000-bed detention system, some asylum-seekers and immigrants awaiting deportation proceedings could soon be held in facilities where they can wear their own clothes, participate in movie and bingo nights, eat continental breakfasts, and celebrate holidays with visiting family members.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — People who had obesity surgery got drunk after just one glass of red wine, researchers reported in a small study that was inspired by a discussion on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."