- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
John Paul Ii
Latest John Paul Ii Items
Cardinal Francis George, the archbishop of Chicago who is being treated for cancer, said Friday that the Roman Catholic Church has agreed to begin formally searching for his successor as head of the nation's third-largest diocese.
Cardinal Stanislaw Dziwisz of Krakow, one of Bl. John Paul II’s closest collaborators, said the Pope’s holiness and pontificate were characterized by martyrdom.
Both John XXIII and John Paul II, who will be canonized April 27, acted for Church unity and dedicated much of their lives and Magisterium to foster relations among Christian communities.
The Holy See has released the official motto and logo for Pope Francis’ upcoming visit to South Korea, which is the first time a Roman Pontiff has traveled to the country in since John Paul II went 25 years ago.
Italian Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re, who was a close collaborator of Blessed John Paul II, said the future saint believed that "the first duty of the Pope was to pray for the Church and the world."
At a Monday news conference detailing preparations for the canonization of Bl. John Paul II and Bl. John XXIII, the Holy See announced initiatives designed to help the Church live the event in a spiritual way.
Cardinal Raymond Burke has praised the work of Catholic media, noting its importance in forming a pro-life culture that respects religious freedom and the nature of marriage.
Ecclesiastical tribunals are an essential part of the Church's saving mission -- thus changes to their procedures, including the annulment process, should be considered with great care, Cardinal Raymond Burke has said.
At the official presentation of the upcoming World Day of Families in Rome, Archbishop Charles Chaput spoke of the importance of family life in society, and expressed his desire to strengthen it in the Church.