- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest John Paul Items
A document advancing the beatification of John Paul I is ready, and will be given to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints this autumn, according to the emeritus Secretary of State.
In a recent interview with an Italian daily, Archbishop Charles Chaput of Philadelphia discussed his memories of St. John Paul II, with whom he worked as a bishop from 1988 to 2005.
John Paul II and John XXIII, perhaps the two most beloved popes of the modern era, were declared saints Sunday before a throng of hundreds of thousands gathered in St. Peter's Square, a display of unity for a church increasingly divided over reforms.
Pope Francis declared his two predecessors John XXIII and John Paul II saints before some 800,000 people on Sunday, an unprecedented ceremony made even more historic by the presence in St. Peter's Square of emeritus Pope Benedict XVI.
When Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio almost became pope in 2005, he told a confidant that — had he been elected — he would have named himself after the pope he so admired: John XXIII.
Floribeth Mora, the 50-year-old Costa Rican woman whose miraculous healing paved the way for the canonization of John Paul II, is taking to the Vatican a suitcase filled with handwritten letters for Pope Francis.
Andreas Widmer spent two years at the side of Pope John Paul II as part of the elite papal security force known as the Swiss Guard. On Sunday, he will be one of the thousands of people in Vatican City for the canonization of his mentor.
Following the presentation of a new stamp of Pope Francis, Philippine postmaster Maria De la Cruz revealed that they will also release stamps honoring Bl. John Paul II and John XXIII for their canonization.
The children of musician Paul Weller won a privacy lawsuit Wednesday over paparazzi pictures published on a newspaper website.