- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest John Roberts Items
The much-anticipated operation was a brilliant success, but the patient died. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. is a clever surgeon, and he left a bloody mess to prove it. He's in the Mediterranean now, on the island of Malta, lecturing to European lawyers about how to "grow" in office, basking in the applause of fans of the welfare state.
In the past, I have admired Chief Justice John Roberts' education, intellect and conservative stances. Therefore, I thought there was no way Obamacare would stand ("Chief Justice John Roberts gives Obama and Democrats a Trojan Horse," Web, Communities, Friday).
Former President George W. Bush has been helping to renovate a women's cancer-screening center in Zambia during a weeklong trip to Africa.
The informative minority dissent opinion on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act clearly defined Chief Justice John Roberts' majority opinion as a vast overreach of government. After saying the legislation failed applicability to the Commerce Clause, Justice Roberts said the legislation could assume that paying a penalty for not buying health care insurance could be called a tax and with this proviso, the individual mandate was deemed constitutional and the legislation valid.
Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. sold America down the river with his incomprehensible ruling that Obamacare is somehow constitutional when considered to be a tax. As such, it is the largest tax hike in U.S. history. This mother of all federal programs will jack up the unfunded liabilities of America's welfare state by a heart-stopping $17 trillion, according to the Senate Budget Committee.
Government activism has become a larger issue in presidential politics this year as the result of the Supreme Court's decision to save Obamacare. The role, size and scope of government were always going to be a factor in this year's elections.
The legal "cognoscenti" among us have begun to transmute shock into a rationalization that confers strategic genius to blunder.
It is a case of "liberal lionization." Even Daily Beast uberanalyst Howard Kurtz notes that the media have developed a man crush on Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., framing him as a "profile in courage," and in gushing terms. But beware, there's agenda afoot, others say.
The Supreme Court twice last week abandoned the Constitution to give new powers to the federal government and the Obama administration. The question for conservatives and patriots is: What can be done about it?