- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest John Scott Items
Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies mistakenly shot to death a hostage who was fleeing from a knife-wielding attacker at a West Hollywood apartment, authorities announced Thursday.
A 66-year-old Tempe man was killed when a boulder struck him in the head while he held a rope for another climber rappelling on a cliff at Oak Flat campground east of Superior.
John Scott was sworn in Thursday as interim sheriff of Los Angeles County, two hours after Lee Baca stepped down as head of the nation's largest sheriff's department in the wake of a scandal over alleged jail beatings and corruption.
An interim sheriff was appointed Tuesday to temporarily replace Sheriff Lee Baca, who retires this week amid allegations of deputy misconduct and abuse of jail inmates.
Even amid the Washington Nationals' division championship season, there are plenty of Orioles fans still rooted in the area to enjoy Baltimore's even more improbable run to the playoffs. Naturally, some fans left once the Nationals arrived and many now cheer for both teams, but the Orioles are far from a forgotten team in Washington.