- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
John Singer Sargent
Latest John Singer Sargent Items
Get ready to fall in love all over again _ with John Singer Sargent, Winslow Homer, Frederic Edwin Church, Frederic Remington and other masters of American art.
When most people talk about leading American cultural figures living in Paris, it is the expatriates who lived there during the 1920s who most often come to mind. However, these expatriates were following the example set in the 19th century by an array of artists, writers and thinkers.
If Louis Auchincloss' forebears rolled over in their manicured graves when his novels came out, they can stop worrying now that his posthumous memoir has appeared. The most shocking outrage herein happened to the author himself, at boarding school.