- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest John Stemberger Items
The Florida Family Policy Council released a report Tuesday that details the declining rate of two-parent homes while calling for the Legislature to study how government can help keep families intact.
For 103 years, the Boy Scouts of America stood their ground for traditional moral values. That changed in May when the group's leadership succumbed to noisy activist groups (and cowed corporate donors) and opened their ranks to homosexuals. Backers of the Scouting oath, in which each member promises to be "morally straight," think there's an opportunity for a straight alternative.
The newly announced Trail Life USA expects to become a "premier" Christian organization for boys and young men when it fully launches in the new year.
More than 1,200 former Scouting officials, parents and youths are gathering in Nashville, Tenn., Friday to unveil the name and other details about a new Christian-based organization for boys.
Organizers said Tuesday that they were putting the final touches on a "character-development" national program for boys, in the most direct challenge to date to the decision by the Boy Scouts of America to allow openly gay boys to participate in Scouting.
"Keep sex and politics out of Scouting."
Signs of waning evangelical power in the nation's culture wars and in Republican policy — and some unexpected challenges for GOP candidates — loom as the 103-year-old Boy Scouts of America gears up for a definitive vote this week on whether to welcome openly gay youths into the organization's ranks.