- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - John Stevens
The Philadelphia Flyers fired coach Peter Laviolette after an 0-3 start and a preseason vote of confidence from ownership, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Monday.
Assistant Craig Berube, in his seventh season with the organization, will take over as coach. He is the Flyers' 18th coach in team history.
Despite a preseason vote of confidence from ownership, the Philadelphia Flyers fired coach Peter Laviolette Monday after an 0-3 start.
British police and army agents planted inside Northern Ireland's major Protestant gang played a pivotal role in assassinating a Belfast attorney, a former U.N. war crimes investigator concluded in a damning report about one of the most divisive slayings of the entire four-decade conflict.
It seemed to happen so fast because it did. It was June 23 and Jeff Carter had already been traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets when the Philadelphia Flyers dealt Mike Richards to the Los Angeles Kings. It was the NHL's version of cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.
Although the Los Angeles Kings lost the Brad Richards sweepstakes, they got a nifty consolation prize a few hours later.
"It's not surprising that acquiring Jeff made us better. It gave us two lines that were a real potent offensive threat with size and speed," Stevens said. "You can check off a lot of things on your list when you add Jeff Carter to your team."
"As far as Peter is concerned, last year was an anomaly," he said. "He's been a very good coach for us, he's been a good coach in this league."