- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
Latest John Stokes Items
Documents showing the annual pay of a controversial campaign consultant turned political appointee of Mayor Vincent C. Gray and salary information posted on two D.C. government databases directly contradict information the mayor's office provided to the D.C. Council last month as part of the 2012 budget process.
Proposed guidelines for a sex-education curriculum to be used in D.C. Public Schools recommend that middle-school students learn to define sexual orientation and be taught about homosexuality.
D.C. education officials say few logistical changes will occur immediately when Mayor Adrian M. Fenty officially takes over the public school system today.