- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Down 17 points in the second half to Marquette, a top-10 team in a No. 20 body, you might be excused for thinking this was the game the young Hoyas were going to lose after a remarkable run through the first half of the season.
None of the frenzy of a Big East road arena bothered John Thompson III's band of youngsters Wednesday night, as No. 12 Georgetown opened conference play with a 71-68 upset of fourth-ranked Louisville.
On the first airplane ride of his 18 years, Otto Porter took a deep breath and prepared to take off on the biggest journey of his life. He's been soaring ever since.
Georgetown coach John Thompson III has little reason to worry that his team will head into its rematch against Memphis feeling superior.
Saturday was tough for Georgetown's basketball program as news spread about Jeff Green, the former Hoya and current Boston Celtic who will undergo heart surgery next month and miss the NBA season. Georgetown coach John Thompson III spoke with Green over the weekend and was impressed with his response to the discovery of an aortic aneurysm.
No. 16 Georgetown led American at halftime Saturday. It sure didn't feel like it.
Hollis Thompson never met a shot he didn't like.
In his year-plus at Georgetown, Nate Lubick has earned a reputation as a grinder - one of those invaluable players who doesn't hesitate to do the dirty work in the post.
Thomas Robinson had 20 points and 12 rebounds, Travis Releford hit two big free throws and the No. 14 Jayhawks made the big plays down the stretch to hold off pesky Georgetown 67-63 in the first round of the Maui Invitational on Monday night.