- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Saturday was tough for Georgetown's basketball program as news spread about Jeff Green, the former Hoya and current Boston Celtic who will undergo heart surgery next month and miss the NBA season. Georgetown coach John Thompson III spoke with Green over the weekend and was impressed with his response to the discovery of an aortic aneurysm.
No. 16 Georgetown led American at halftime Saturday. It sure didn't feel like it.
Hollis Thompson never met a shot he didn't like.
In his year-plus at Georgetown, Nate Lubick has earned a reputation as a grinder - one of those invaluable players who doesn't hesitate to do the dirty work in the post.
Thomas Robinson had 20 points and 12 rebounds, Travis Releford hit two big free throws and the No. 14 Jayhawks made the big plays down the stretch to hold off pesky Georgetown 67-63 in the first round of the Maui Invitational on Monday night.
Jason Clark hit six 3-pointers and had 28 points to lead Georgetown to an 88-61 rout over Chaminade in the Maui Invitational on Tuesday.
Three thousand miles from Hawaii, there was a valiant attempt at disguising Georgetown’s “mainland game” against UNC Greensboro on Monday with the trappings of the Maui Invitational.
For four long years, Georgetown faithful have been waiting for Henry Sims to live up to his potential and add his name to the legacy of Hoya big men.
As it was ramping up for the regular season, Georgetown eschewed the traditional college basketball practice of playing an exhibition contest against an overmatched patsy in favor of keeping things secret.