- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Jason Clark hit six 3-pointers and had 28 points to lead Georgetown to an 88-61 rout over Chaminade in the Maui Invitational on Tuesday.
This is uncharted water for Georgetown. Not Hawaii, where the Hoyas will face No. 12 Kansas on Monday in the Maui Invitational — they played in this tournament in 1999.
Three thousand miles from Hawaii, there was a valiant attempt at disguising Georgetown’s “mainland game” against UNC Greensboro on Monday with the trappings of the Maui Invitational.
The grunt came from the back as a question was posed after Georgetown's season-opening victory against Savannah State. Big John Thompson took umbrage at a reporter's choice of words to describe Monday's game, the last contest before Georgetown heads to Hawaii for the Maui Invitational.
For four long years, Georgetown faithful have been waiting for Henry Sims to live up to his potential and add his name to the legacy of Hoya big men.
As it was ramping up for the regular season, Georgetown eschewed the traditional college basketball practice of playing an exhibition contest against an overmatched patsy in favor of keeping things secret.
Markel Starks is a question mark.
The turmoil buffeting the Big East seemed distant at McDonough Arena on Thursday, cloaked by thumping basketballs and happy shouts from the Georgetown team that opens practice on Saturday.