- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Hollis Thompson scored 18 points, Chris Wright added 17 and No. 20 Georgetown used a 15-0 second half run to power past North Carolina State 82-67 and win the Charleston Classic on Sunday night.
When Georgetown's name flashed on the screen as the No. 2 seed in the Midwest bracket of the NCAA tournament, the large contingent of students gathered in O'Donovan Dining Hall to watch the selection show erupted. Sitting clustered in the center of the cafeteria, the Georgetown players did not.
Posting its first tip-to-whistle domination of the month, No. 12 Georgetown turned in a 73-53 smothering of Cincinnati yesterday at Verizon Center to reclaim command of the Big East regular-season race.
Fortunately for No. 9 Georgetown, basketball isn't scored according to aesthetics.
The American revolution lasted exactly one week.
By the time his name is called at tonight's NBA Draft, Jeff Green already will have had a sample of his new job's hectic travel schedule.