- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Hollis Thompson scored 18 points, Chris Wright added 17 and No. 20 Georgetown used a 15-0 second half run to power past North Carolina State 82-67 and win the Charleston Classic on Sunday night.
When Georgetown's name flashed on the screen as the No. 2 seed in the Midwest bracket of the NCAA tournament, the large contingent of students gathered in O'Donovan Dining Hall to watch the selection show erupted. Sitting clustered in the center of the cafeteria, the Georgetown players did not.
Posting its first tip-to-whistle domination of the month, No. 12 Georgetown turned in a 73-53 smothering of Cincinnati yesterday at Verizon Center to reclaim command of the Big East regular-season race.
Fortunately for No. 9 Georgetown, basketball isn't scored according to aesthetics.
The American revolution lasted exactly one week.
By the time his name is called at tonight's NBA Draft, Jeff Green already will have had a sample of his new job's hectic travel schedule.