- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Over the last four years, coach John Thompson III and Georgetown have won a grand total of one NCAA tournament game. The latest early exit came against No. 15 seed Florida Gulf Coast last season, a key motivator for the Hoyas this season.
Smith, listed at 6-foot-10 and 350 pounds in the Hoyas' media guide, played two full seasons at UCLA, and then left that school after six games as a junior. It's not known whether he will be allowed to play at the start of this season or need to wait until the second semester.
The small forward who led Georgetown to a share of the Big East regular-season title played his college home games at the Verizon Center, the arena owned by the Wizards' franchise.
The 6-foot-8 Whittington played in only 13 games last season for the Hoyas before being suspended for academic reasons. He averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 rebounds.
ESPN said Thursday the site of the game will be announced in the coming weeks. Georgetown attempted to play on a ship in Jacksonville last season, but the game against Florida was called at halftime because of moisture on the court.
Porter was the Big East player of the year and finished second in the voting behind Michigan's Trey Burke for The Associated Press player of the year award.
All-American Otto Porter Jr. is leaving Georgetown after his sophomore season and declaring himself eligible for the NBA draft.
Porter was the Big East player of the year and a first-team AP All-America this season. He also finished second in the voting behind Michigan's Trey Burke for AP player of the year.
Jim Calhoun witnessed basketball practices all over the country in nearly half a century of coaching _ including Bob Knight's sessions _ and said he never saw the likes of the video that emerged this week of Rutgers' Mike Rice.