- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Plenty has changed for Georgetown and St. John's since the two met just after New Year's. Plenty is at stake in Sunday night's rematch at Madison Square Garden.
For a while, Georgetown couldn't stop Bryce Cotton. He scored 19 of his 21 Providence points over the final seven minutes of the first half.
Time is running out for Georgetown's Markel Starks and Nate Lubick. That's how it goes for seniors which is why the pair are doing all they can to extend the Hoyas' campaign.
Jabril Trawick's return boosted the Hoyas in several ways. Two wins, sure. What else? "When he's out there, a lot of his teammates have more courage."
With injuries and players lost for personal reasons, it hasn't been an ideal season for Georgetown. Finally, Hoyas coach John Thompson III let out some emotion.
About midway through the first half of Georgetown's game against Butler on Saturday, the Hoyas were playing like the team that had lost five consecutive games a couple weeks ago.
With first-year coach Mike Brennan leading the way, the American University men's basketball team is enjoying the spoils of an 11-game winning streak and a 10-0 mark thus far in Patriot League play.
For one half of Georgetown's 71-59 win Monday over DePaul, it looked like the Hoyas would squander any boost from their upset win Saturday over No. 9 Michigan State.
Georgetown ended its 5-game losing streak Saturday against Michigan State. Now the Hoyas aim for their first Big East win since January 11 on Monday night at DePaul