- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Georgetown looks to wipe away the bad taste of two straight losses with improved defense in Saturday's morning matchup against Xavier. Tips at 11 :30 a.m. from Verizon Center.
Two straight losses have hurt Georgetown's postseason outlook. We look at the damage and what fixer upper opportunities remain available with four games remaining.
Georgetown has won six straight over St. John's, including a rout earlier this season. Stifling the Red Storm's top scorer D'Angelo Harrison has been a major reason why.
Plenty has changed for Georgetown and St. John's since the two met just after New Year's. Plenty is at stake in Sunday night's rematch at Madison Square Garden.
Jabril Trawick's return boosted the Hoyas in several ways. Two wins, sure. What else? "When he's out there, a lot of his teammates have more courage."
For one half of Georgetown's 71-59 win Monday over DePaul, it looked like the Hoyas would squander any boost from their upset win Saturday over No. 9 Michigan State.
Otto Porter's rookie season started with the training staff and now remains largely stuck in neutral. Some are doubting his future. Porter's college coach at Georgetown does not share their opinion.
Before tipoff, Georgetown coach John Thompson III gained a player and lost a player. The last thing he needed was a huge free throw discrepancy against a top 10 team.
Lots of turnovers. Lots of fouls. For Villanova coach Jay Wright, it was also lots of fun - although it's safe to say he felt that way only because his team won.