- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
John Thompson Iii
Latest John Thompson Iii Items
Highly-ranked Villanova is having quite the season, but perhaps past success against the Wildcats will help the Hoyas snap out of their current slide.
Markel Starks scored 20 points and Georgetown stay close throughout, but ultimately the Hoyas fell to No. 9 Villanova 65-60 for their fifth straight loss.
Georgetown starting center Joshua Smith is academically ineligible and will miss the remainder of the season.
Marquette-Georgetown in overtime? That was supposed to be must-see TV in the relaunched Big East.
"We're undermanned, but that's not an excuse," Thompson said following the Hoyas' third loss in four games. "We have enough pieces where we can figure it out. We just have to figure it out how we have to continue to play differently with who we have now."
Georgetown is coming off a stunning loss at Xavier. The upcoming schedule includes several heavyweight opponents. In between comes Seton Hall on Saturday at the Verizon Center.
With Josh Smith expected to miss a fourth straight game, Georgetown needs its other interior options to fill in the scoring and rebounding gap.
Georgetown's caps its season-long three-game road trip with a first-ever matchup with Xavier as Big East opponents.
Guards Aaron Bowen and Markel Starks were in the right place at the right time when Georgetown need a clutch play in its 70-67 win over the Butler Bulldogs.