- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - John Thompson Jr.
Georgetown announced formal plans to name its planned on-campus athletics center after former coach John Thompson Jr. The facility is expected to open in 2016.
Smith-Rivera went 9 for 12 from the field and 6 for 7 from 3-point range, doing his best to evoke the memories of the standout performances from years past from the founding members of the both the old and new Big East.
The Huskies (2-2) trailed by as many as 14 in the first half, but repeatedly outmuscled the Hoyas (1-2) underneath in the closing minutes.
"I give them all the credit the world," he said. "We executed relatively well in the first half, and we did not do anything we needed to do in the second half to continue our execution and do what we need to do to win games."
"I think we took too many 3s at the wrong time today," Thompson said. "We didn't execute what we were trying to execute. We didn't execute inside and outside, we didn't get the ball to the corners enough."