- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - John W. Hickenlooper
Colorado Gov. John W. Hickenlooper has positioned himself as a problem-solver who steers clear of extremes, but sitting on his desk are three gun control bills that threaten to redefine his image and even his political future.
There's a showdown in the Colorado Republican gubernatorial primary coming Monday at high noon.
In January, however, Mr. Hickenlooper said "the time is right" to consider gun control restrictions such as universal background checks.
A month later, he said in a Facebook post that he would sign most of the gun control bills, including HB 1224.