- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - John Wooten
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is not happy with the NFL's proposed ban on use of the N-word on the playing field, calling the measure "almost racist."
The Minnesota Vikings have moved into the home stretch of their search for a head coach and Cincinnati defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has emerged as a favorite.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings have started the second week of their search for a head coach, and there's plenty of competition for time on their calendar.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Perry Fewell's interview for the Washington Redskins coaching job has been set for Monday.
The Redskins have shown interest in interviewing Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, according to a NFL Network report.
Bruce Allen could be a busy man very soon as the Bengals' loss in the playoffs freed up a trio of potential coaching candidates.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Jim Caldwell will interview for the Washington Redskins coaching job on Sunday.
One day after interviewing with the Lions, Jim Caldwell is scheduled to meet with the Redskins in Ashburn, according to John Wooten of the Fritz Pollard Alliance.
The Fritz Pollard Alliance sent a letter to the NFL on Monday calling for a 15-yard penalty on players who use abusive language on the field.
Abad went 0-3 with a 3.35 ERA in 39 appearances for the Nationals last season. He spent 2010-12 with the Houston Astros and has a career record of 1-14 with a 4.56 ERA.
The Nationals have made yet another trade with the Athletics, this time sending lefty Fernando Abad to the A's for outfield prospect John Wooten.
An NFL game official was suspended Friday for one game without pay for making "a profane and derogatory statement" to a Washington Redskins player, an incident that has led to a call for NFL players to stop using the N-word on the field and in the locker room.
Since the regular season ended in December, eight head coaches and seven general managers were hired. None were minorities.
After minority candidates were recently shut out by NFL teams for 15 top jobs, the Fritz Pollard Alliance wants the Rooney Rule to include coordinators, assistant head coaches and club president positions.
Jim Caldwell nearly went undefeated as a rookie coach in Indianapolis three years ago and he's one win away from returning to the Super Bowl as an assistant with Baltimore.
I want it to be that drastic," he said.
Wooten said Spielman told him he was "thoroughly impressed" by his first interview with Bowles.