- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - John Wooten
Nationals center fielder Denard Span completed his first minor league rehab assignment on Thursday night with the Single-A Hagerstown Suns.
The Minnesota Vikings have moved into the home stretch of their search for a head coach and Cincinnati defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has emerged as a favorite.
One day after interviewing with the Lions, Jim Caldwell is scheduled to meet with the Redskins in Ashburn, according to John Wooten of the Fritz Pollard Alliance.
Abad went 0-3 with a 3.35 ERA in 39 appearances for the Nationals last season. He spent 2010-12 with the Houston Astros and has a career record of 1-14 with a 4.56 ERA.
The Nationals have made yet another trade with the Athletics, this time sending lefty Fernando Abad to the A's for outfield prospect John Wooten.
An NFL game official was suspended Friday for one game without pay for making "a profane and derogatory statement" to a Washington Redskins player, an incident that has led to a call for NFL players to stop using the N-word on the field and in the locker room.
Since the regular season ended in December, eight head coaches and seven general managers were hired. None were minorities.
After minority candidates were recently shut out by NFL teams for 15 top jobs, the Fritz Pollard Alliance wants the Rooney Rule to include coordinators, assistant head coaches and club president positions.
Jim Caldwell nearly went undefeated as a rookie coach in Indianapolis three years ago and he's one win away from returning to the Super Bowl as an assistant with Baltimore.
Former Baltimore Ravens owner Art Modell has died. He was 87.
I want it to be that drastic," he said.
Wooten said Spielman told him he was "thoroughly impressed" by his first interview with Bowles.