- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Johnny Velazquez
Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan showed no signs of slowing down as a 7-year-old Friday, beating the late-charging Kaigun by three-quarters of a length in the Grade 1, $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile at Keeneland.
Animal Kingdom won the Derby in 2011 and the $10 million Dubai World Cup this year. The previous time a Derby winner ran at Ascot was in 1936 when Omaha, the 1935 Triple Crown winner, finished second in the signature Gold Cup race.
Phyllis Wyeth had a dream her horse, Union Rags, would win the Belmont Stakes, one that he fulfilled Saturday evening.
When I'll Have Another retreated from the winner's circle Saturday afternoon, a retired champion, he left the spotlight for another horse later in the evening.
"This horse is incredible," Velazquez said. "They don't come around that often."
"When I let him go, he didn't come up with any run at all," he said.