- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Joint Budget Committee
Latest Joint Budget Committee Items
Colorado budget-writers are nearing a decision on how new marijuana taxes should be spent.
Colorado doesn't know how much money it's going to get from marijuana taxes, but that doesn't mean it's too soon to argue about spending it.
Arkansas' public schools would receive the largest funding increase and the state's reserve fund would get $19 million under a $5 billion budget plan that lawmakers advanced Friday.
A legislative panel has endorsed giving a 1 percent pay raise to Arkansas' judges, prosecutors and constitutional officers, while keeping lawmakers' salaries flat.