- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Joint Terrorism Task Force
A Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) is a partnership between various U.S. law enforcement agencies that is charged with taking action against terrorism, which includes the investigation of crimes such as wire fraud and identity theft. The agencies that comprise a JTTF generally include the Federal Bureau of Investigation, other federal agencies (notably Department of Homeland Security components such as U.S. Coast Guard Investigative Service, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Transportation Security Administration, and the U.S. Secret Service as well as the Department of State's Diplomatic Security Service (DSS)), state and local law enforcement, and specialized agencies, such as railroad police . - Source: Wikipedia
The FBI denied Portland Mayor Charlie Hales the "secret" clearance he applied for last year to access information about the Joint Terrorism Task Force, the mayor's spokesman confirmed.
The head of the FBI in New Jersey said Wednesday that some of the covert operations by the New York Police Department's intelligence division have damaged the public's trust in New Jersey law enforcement.
Portland, Ore., is learning a hard lesson about the price of political correctness. In 2005, the city halted participation in the FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) over concerns about the George W. Bush administration's prosecution of the war on terrorism. Last week, the task force took down Mohamed Osman Mohamud, who had planned to bomb 12,000 people at a Christmas-tree-lighting ceremony in Portland's Pioneer Courthouse Square. City fathers now are considering rejoining the JTTF structure, citing the change in leadership under the purportedly more trustworthy Obama administration. It's more likely that the near miss clarified Portland's ivory-tower view of the world.