- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Joint Terrorism Task Force
A Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) is a partnership between various U.S. law enforcement agencies that is charged with taking action against terrorism, which includes the investigation of crimes such as wire fraud and identity theft. The agencies that comprise a JTTF generally include the Federal Bureau of Investigation, other federal agencies (notably Department of Homeland Security components such as U.S. Coast Guard Investigative Service, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Transportation Security Administration, and the U.S. Secret Service as well as the Department of State's Diplomatic Security Service (DSS)), state and local law enforcement, and specialized agencies, such as railroad police . - Source: Wikipedia
The FBI denied Portland Mayor Charlie Hales the "secret" clearance he applied for last year to access information about the Joint Terrorism Task Force, the mayor's spokesman confirmed.
The head of the FBI in New Jersey said Wednesday that some of the covert operations by the New York Police Department's intelligence division have damaged the public's trust in New Jersey law enforcement.
Portland, Ore., is learning a hard lesson about the price of political correctness. In 2005, the city halted participation in the FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) over concerns about the George W. Bush administration's prosecution of the war on terrorism. Last week, the task force took down Mohamed Osman Mohamud, who had planned to bomb 12,000 people at a Christmas-tree-lighting ceremony in Portland's Pioneer Courthouse Square. City fathers now are considering rejoining the JTTF structure, citing the change in leadership under the purportedly more trustworthy Obama administration. It's more likely that the near miss clarified Portland's ivory-tower view of the world.