- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Jolonn Dunbar Items
Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson was fined $60,000 by the NFL on Friday for his helmet-to-helmet hit on St. Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday.
St. Louis Rams starting linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar has been suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.
On Monday, Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn missed his second consecutive game as he recovers from a concussion. On Sunday, one-fourth of the games featured a starting quarterback who was knocked out of action with a concussion. At least nine other players suffered similar head injuries in Week 10 (making it a typical NFL week), but they're virtually an afterthought.
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith threw a 14-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter of Sunday's 24-24 tie against the Rams while playing with blurred vision before coming out with a concussion.
Next week's big, nationally televised "Monday Night Football" showcase could feature a quarterback matchup of journeyman Jason Campbell of the Bears vs. untested Colin Kaepernick of the 49ers. Not exactly the creme de la creme of the NFC.
Quarterback Robert Griffin III was surprised not to feel very sore when he woke up Monday morning. In addition to being knocked to the ground 13 times before the whistle in Sunday's 31-28 loss to the St. Louis Rams, he absorbed some punishment after it, as well.
Matthew Stafford stayed cool and calm after the shakiest first half of his career.
Drew Brees piled up points, yards and accolades in a record-setting season for the New Orleans Saints. Much of the time, Alex Smith did just enough to get the San Francisco 49ers back in the playoffs for the first time in nine years while a dominant defense and kicking game did the rest.
When Sean Payton met with his players on Monday, he took a moment to recognize his team for a trait that any coach would envy.