- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Jon Gruden
Like any successful coach, Jon Gruden understands the importance of statistics. He doesn't like the numbers he's seeing about youth sports participation and funding.
CNN had a countdown clock, like Cape Canaveral launching a rocket to Mars. "2 hours 19 minutes 44 seconds" the clock said, ticking down to The Big Moment.
The best guess is he'll be much closer to Joe Gibbs than Norv Turner. Asking anybody to match what Gibbs did the first time is unfair. But there's a small reason to believe he may be pretty good, a somewhat crazy reason but, hey, it is my crazy and I'll stick to it.
If Jay Gruden's name was Pincus McCoy, we never would have heard from him. As it is, his name is Gruden – the other Gruden being his better-known brother, Jon, the former NFL coach and Monday Night Football analyst and ESPN network star – and he is the new Washington Redskins head coach.
The Redskins' hiring of Jay Gruden was an expedited ending to a process that was expected to be much more drawn out. Gruden, 46, signed a five-year contract to become the Redskins' 27th full-time coach and the seventh since Dan Snyder purchased the team in 1999.
Jon Gruden is a proud big brother today.
Here is the skinny on new Redskins head coach Jay Gruden.
Jay Gruden will be introduced as the Washington Redskins' next coach on Thursday afternoon. Gruden, who spent the last three years as the Cincinnati Bengals' offensive coordinator, emerged as one of the front-runners for the opening since Mike Shanahan was fired on Dec. 30 after four years with the team.
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A billionaire donor to the University of Texas is apologizing for his criticism of the hiring of Charlie Strong as the new Longhorns football coach.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Jay Gruden completed his interview for the Washington Redskins' coaching job Wednesday, making the Cincinnati Bengals' offensive coordinator the sixth known candidate to meet with general manager Bruce Allen.
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A billionaire donor to the University of Texas says the hire of new football coach Charlie Strong was like a "kick in the face."
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings have started the second week of their search for a head coach, and there's plenty of competition for time on their calendar.
Is Jay Gruden at the top of the heap of Redskins coaching candidates?
The Buccaneers say Lovie Smith is the ideal man to coach Tampa Bay.
There doesn't seem to be much of a chance that Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen will reprise their Bucs and Raiders days together here in Washington.