- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Latest Jon Huntsman Items
Turmoil is gripping the presidential campaign of former Utah governor and Obama administration ambassador to China Jon Huntsman. A 4,000-word article in Politico detailed an internal campaign feud, and commentators say the Huntsman effort is unraveling.
If Americans don't fall in love with soccer after this, well, maybe they never will.
Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann is pushing to make Obamacare's repeal a condition for raising the debt ceiling. The Minnesota congressman hasn't signed the grass-roots "cut, cap, balance" pledge because she wants a tougher bargain that leverages President Obama's need for increased federal government borrowing authority to pull the plug on the unpopular health care law.
Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, Michigan Republican, officially announced at an Independence Day celebration Saturday that he will seek the GOP nomination for president.
Outspoken congresswoman and tea party favorite Michele Bachmann cast herself as the "bold choice" for the Republican presidential nomination as she formally kicked off her campaign Monday in her Iowa home town.
The hot new question in the Republican primary is whether Rep. Michele Bachmann, a three-term congresswoman who has rapidly leapfrogged from legislative back-bencher to tea party superstar, now can make the jump from the U.S. House to the White House — a gap that hasn't been cleared since 1880.
Joining the presidential race is easy - winning is hard. If former Ambassador Jon Huntsman hopes to win, he needs to start with getting the basics right ("Santorum welcomes Huntsman to GOP race with parody ad," Web, Politics, Tuesday).
Republicans seem to have settled informally on a message for 2012: President Obama made it worse.
Count former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum among those welcoming Jon Huntsman to the GOP presidential race by mocking the recent dirt-bike videos the former Utah governor's camp has posted online.