- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Jon Vickers Items
A lot has been written and said about the phenomenon of people with otherwise clear larynxes who feel the urge to cough once seated in a theater, opera house or concert hall. There clearly has been a downward shift in audience etiquette.
Character singer Charles Anthony, who set the record for most appearances at the Metropolitan Opera _ 2,928 _ during a career that spanned from 1954 to 2010, died Wednesday. He was 82.
"James Levine: 40 Years at The Metropolitan Opera" (Amadeus Press), by the Metropolitan Opera: There are few surprises or fresh insights but plenty of nostalgia in this softcover coffee-table book that celebrates James Levine's extraordinary career at the Metropolitan Opera.