- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
Latest Jonathan Alter Items
It's liberal columnist Jonathan Alter vs. Fox News President Roger Ailes.
With the end of combat in Iraq and Operation Enduring Freedom presidentially certified, all eyes are riveted on Afghanistan. This is the fight President Obama, when campaigning for office, called our "war of necessity." This is the theater of conflict where Mr. Obama, when debating Sen. John McCain barely two years ago, promised us victory, ending with the killing or capture of Osama bin Laden. Ironically, Afghanistan may also be the only war in American history with a presidential expiration date.
Christ walked on water, and Moses parted the Red Sea. Impressive as those feats were, they have to retreat when compared with an achievement pulled off by Newsweek columnist Jonathan Alter on MSNBC's "Rachel Maddow Show" on Tuesday.