- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Jonathan Alter Items
It's liberal columnist Jonathan Alter vs. Fox News President Roger Ailes.
With the end of combat in Iraq and Operation Enduring Freedom presidentially certified, all eyes are riveted on Afghanistan. This is the fight President Obama, when campaigning for office, called our "war of necessity." This is the theater of conflict where Mr. Obama, when debating Sen. John McCain barely two years ago, promised us victory, ending with the killing or capture of Osama bin Laden. Ironically, Afghanistan may also be the only war in American history with a presidential expiration date.
Christ walked on water, and Moses parted the Red Sea. Impressive as those feats were, they have to retreat when compared with an achievement pulled off by Newsweek columnist Jonathan Alter on MSNBC's "Rachel Maddow Show" on Tuesday.