- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Jonylah Watkins
CHICAGO (AP) - Authorities said Tuesday that an attack in which a 6-month-old girl was fatally shot and her father was wounded was apparently gang-related, and that they are searching for the gunman and the driver of the getaway van.
Chicago City Council members meeting Wednesday will vote on expanding the city's already-strict gun laws, just two days after a 6-month-old girl was fatally shot in a gang-related incident.
What's the matter with you people, you people out there who blame a nightclub, neighborhood or gun or other inanimate object for violence?
A 6-month-old Chicago girl died Tuesday after being shot five times while her father was changing her diaper.
On Tuesday, he said: "It's hard to see the progress."