- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Jordan Russell
Republican primary challenger Chris McDaniel said Thursday that longtime U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran is "one of the biggest spenders in Washington" and is out of touch with Mississippi.
Patrick Cantaly's impressive summer just keeps getting better.
Asked whether they orchestrated the automated message, Jordan Russell, a Cochran campaign spokesman, told The Times via email, "Absolutely not."
"This is a transparent stunt by McDaniel and his allies," Mr. Russell said. "Why would we send that call into GOP counties?"