- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Jordan Zimmermann Items
How good was Zimmermann? He needed just 67 pitches to get through the six frames. And after a leadoff single by Andy Dirks on the second pitch of the game, Zimmermann set down the next 18 batters he faced — 13 of them on ground-ball outs.
Spring training statistics don't matter. Really, they don't. That's why Jordan Zimmermann stood in the Washington Nationals' cramped clubhouse Friday afternoon at Space Coast Stadium without a hint of concern on his face.
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray, in Florida for the weekend to attend the Washington Nationals' Grapefruit League opener, discussed the area around Nationals Park on Sunday morning and said he's pleased with what it has become.
One pitcher warming up in the Washington Nationals' bullpen Thursday afternoon has spent a lot of time there this season, and it wouldn't have been surprising to see Craig Stammen enter Game 4 despite plenty of work already in this National League Division Series.
Game 1 of the National League Division Series represented meatloaf for Washington. There would be no gravy Monday in Game 2.
Jordan Zimmermann took his right foot and grazed it across the dirt in front of the rubber slab on the mound at Busch Stadium. It was his silent protest. His second to wonder how things had spiraled so far out of control.
On May 25, 2007, Jordan Zimmermann took the mound for Wisconsin-Stevens Point to open the NCAA Division III College World Series in Appleton, Wis. Zimmermann dominated Emory with a complete-game, one-hit shutout and went 3-for-3 at the plate, driving in one of his team's runs in a 2-0 victory.
The early fall sun that settles over Nationals Park during day games became a menace during the Washington Nationals' penultimate regular season homestand. Jayson Werth couldn't recall a tougher battle in any stadium in the major leagues, saying it "borders on ridiculous."
The first game of a three-game series between the Washington Nationals and Los Angeles Dodgers was postponed Tuesday due to inclement weather in the D.C. area. The game will be made up as part of a traditional doubleheader on Wednesday with the first game beginning at 4:05 p.m. and the second starting approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first.