- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - jordin sparks
"Left Behind," a movie based on a rapture-themed book series, will be released in theaters in October. Nicolas Cage stars in the film.
A remake of a 1976 film about the dark side of fame and the enduring power of dreams, "Sparkle" is marred by more than a few rough edges. There are moments of rare ineptitude, especially behind the camera. Uneven and bizarre cinematography gives an inappropriately zany feel to some of the movie's darker moments, which are marked by absurd angles, slow-motion and sudden, pointless shifts in perspective.
Cee Lo Green, Mike Epps and Jordin Sparks help Whitney Houston return to the big screen for the last time in the girl group movie "Sparkle."
"American Idol" champ Jordin Sparks sang the national anthem at the Super Bowl in 2008 and for President Obama this week, and now she'll perform it for baseball fans.
Jessica Simpson took her seat as guest judge at Thursday's "Project Runway" show at New York Fashion Week in a super-short, sparkly silver minidress, but she had nothing on the models, who wore an extraordinary number of hot pants.
"I wish them all luck," Sparks said.
"If they weren't around, we wouldn't be doing what we're doing," Miss Sparks said. "I feel so honored to be here."