- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Jose Bautista
Baltimore slugger Chris Davis hit his 50th home run of the season on Friday night, connecting for a solo shot against Toronto.
Mark Teixeira is out for the season. Brian Cashman regrets his outburst. Alex Rodriguez has a heart-to-heart with owner Hal Steinbrenner.
Derek Jeter crumpled to the dirt, his season suddenly over and his future uncertain.
Reacting to the Miami Marlins' latest payroll purge on Twitter, slugger Giancarlo Stanton gave it three exclamation marks.
The Miami Marlins' spending spree a year ago didn't work, so now they're trying another payroll purge, shedding some of their biggest stars and their multimillion-dollar salaries in one blockbuster deal.
Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista will have season-ending surgery to stabilize a tendon in his left wrist.
Jose Bautista was worried his injury was worse.
Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista left Monday night's game against the New York Yankees in the eighth inning because of a wrist injury.
Prince Fielder made a splash at the All-Star Home Run Derby. Eight of them.
Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig and union head Michael Weiner expressed disappointment that the Yankees' Robinson Cano was booed repeatedly by fans at the All-Star Home Run Derby after bypassing Billy Butler of the hometown Kansas City Royals.
Rookie Mike Trout and Mark Trumbo each hit two-run homers, Alberto Callaspo added a solo shot and the Los Angeles Angels beat the Toronto Blue Jays 9-7 on Thursday night for their 14th victory in 18 games.
Previewing the American League.
The Toronto Blue Jays have assembled a team with the potential to become a division champion this year _ just about anywhere else except in the American League East.
Justin Verlander predicts the debate is over for a few years. Pitchers can now win the Most Valuable Player.
Detroit's Justin Verlander became the first starting pitcher in a quarter-century to win a Most Valuable Player award, adding it to the Cy Young Award he won last week.
"All the exercises and rehab and stuff like that have come and gone, and I've been working my butt off to make sure I was ready to go when the season started," Bautista said. "Worked out pretty hard at the gym, too, and now it's time to get on the field."
Bautista said before Tuesday night's game against the New York Yankees that the recovery period is three to four months and he would be ready to play long before the start of spring training next year.