- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Jose E. Serrano
Twenty members of Congress have sent a letter to the Boy Scouts of America, urging it to drop its ban on gay youth and adults.
The death of Hugo Chavez evoked an outpouring of sympathy and even admiration from many on the left, who can't decide whether fidelity to socialism, as Mr. Chavez defined it, is more important than human rights, freedom and democracy.
President Obama and other Democrats are battling among themselves over school vouchers, with low-income D.C. schoolchild
Making history by breaking another color barrier, the Senate on Thursday voted to confirm Sonia Sotomayor as the nation's first Hispanic, third woman and 111th justice in the history of the U.S. Supreme Court.
"There are consequences to the fact that we are cutting this budget, your budget, all the time," said Jose E. Serrano, the ranking Democrat on the subcommittee.