- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - José Valverde
Pirates manager Clint Hurdle had good reason to call upon Gaby Sanchez to bat for Ike Davis.
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson had to hear the booing at Citi Field throughout a miserable homestand.
Three weeks into the season, the New York Mets are trying their third closer.
Raul Ibanez emerged from the Los Angeles Angels' clubhouse with a bat and a ball he signed for a young girl and her parents.
After blowing a three-run lead in the ninth inning on one ill-fated pitch to Raul Ibanez, Jose Valverde needed a lift, and so did his New York Mets teammates.
Fredi Gonzalez is still waiting for the Atlanta Braves' bats to catch up with the team's pitching.
Seven innings of Bartolo Colon's dominance only made Jose Valverde's ninth-inning escape look even scarier.
Billy Hamilton has been too fast for everyone besides the Mets.
Lucas Duda made the Mets look awfully smart, for one night at least.
Mets closer Bobby Parnell has a partially torn elbow ligament after just 25 pitches this season and might need surgery.
Dillon Gee pitched six-innings of no-hit ball Wednesday night in his final tuneup before opening day, but the Houston Astros rallied for a 9-6 victory over the New York Mets.
Right-hander Jose Valverde and the New York Mets have agreed to a minor league contract.
Game 1 of the 2012 World Series is in the books. Pablo Sandoval hit three home runs and the San Francisco Giants cruised to an 8-3 rout of the Detroit Tigers behind Barry Zito and Tim Lincecum.
The Detroit Tigers got a big boost from Anibal Sanchez's arm. They got a helping hand from an umpire, too.
Already an ace and MVP, Justin Verlander proved to be the Detroit Tigers' ultimate closer, too.
Valverde, who has 288 career saves, agreed that he might need to throw his splitter more often.
"I feel bad for Bobby. What I want is for Bobby to be OK," Valverde said. "I want this guy to come back soon. I want him closing games for the Mets."