- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
Latest Joseph Curl Items
Few would read far enough in Joseph Curl's "Wake up, Virginia! You're about to suffer four horrible years" column (Oct 21), to realize Mr. Curl thinks favorably of Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli. The first three paragraphs of his piece are devoted exclusively to complaining that the office space of the Republican candidate for governor of Virginia is in a building "smooshed up against the Beltway's Mixing Bowl interchange" and is in need of repair.
In his column "Coming in 2016 -- a third way for the GOP," Joseph Curl makes it very clear that many in the Republican Party don't have a clue about how to win the next election. Unfortunately, he seems to be committed to a losing philosophy himself.
In his "Political Theater" column Jan. 14 ("Why you're right to hate both parties") Joseph Curl uses examples of "two horrible things" to illustrate why he hates both political parties. I believe, however, his example of why he currently hates the Republican Party is flawed.