- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Joseph Early Jr.
The Georgia man facing charges in the 40-year-old killing of a Massachusetts woman had delivered furniture to her home the day before she was slain, prosecutors said Thursday.
The Worcester district attorney says an Auburn man arrested on child pornography charges also faces charges of manufacturing and possessing methamphetamine.
A Massachusetts boy who was shot and critically wounded by his father has been in pediatric intensive care, a spokesman for the Worcester County district attorney said Sunday.
A long-serving Air Force chaplain has left the Southern Baptist Convention after the conservative denomination publicly questioned his attendance at a same-sex civil union ceremony at his base in New Jersey.
"It's probably the most horrific case this office has ever seen in terms of facts," District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said in a statement after the verdict was handed down. "This woman was killed for her baby."
"Our understanding is that he was delivering some furniture the day before her murder," Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said at a news conference. "That's how he got to know her."