- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Latest Joseph Epstein Items
Joseph Epstein may be the dean of contemporary essayists. In some 22 books -- none of them featuring car chases or bedroom scenes -- he has philosophized on subjects as diverse as divorce, Fred Astaire, gossip and "Fabulous Small Jews."
Surely I'm not the only reader amazed at how downright boring professors, assorted "experts" and too often even the reverend clergy can be when addressing some of the more basic forces in our lives.