- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
Latest Josephine Baker Items
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray proposed $76 million in new public school spending for the fiscal year that starts Oct. 1, but future budget cuts are still in the picture.
D.C. advocates for school reform in all three city education sectors testified before a Senate committee chaired by Sen. Richard J. Durbin, Illinois Democrat, on Sept. 16 and 30.
The Fenty administration yesterday pledged to reform the city's long-troubled Child and Family Services Agency, a day after the mayor fired six child welfare workers for failing to help four girls found dead last week in a Southeast row house.