- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Josh Brent Items
DALLAS (AP) — A jury has been seated for the trial of former Dallas Cowboys player Josh Brent, who's accused of killing a practice squad player in a drunken-driving wreck.
DALLAS (AP) — Jury selection has begun in the intoxication manslaughter trial of former Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent, charged in the 2012 car wreck that killed a teammate.
The family of a Dallas Cowboys practice squad player killed in a drunken-driving crash is suing the nightclub that served him and the car's driver.
The Dallas nightclub where former Cowboys player Josh Brent last stopped before being involved in a fatal crash that killed a teammate may have over-served patrons that night, state liquor authorities said Friday.
Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent retired from football at the age of 25 on Thursday, saying "doing the right things in life" is more important as he prepares to defend himself against a manslaughter charge in the drunken-driving crash that killed a teammate.
Brent said he had "given a lot of thought" to his decision. His football career has been on hold since the Dec. 8 crash that killed Jerry Brown, a practice squad player, college teammate and close friend.
Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent retired from football Thursday, saying "doing the right things in life" is more important as he prepares to defend himself against a manslaughter charge in a drunken-driving crash that killed a teammate.
Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent will remain free while he awaits trial for intoxication manslaughter, as a judge on Friday denied a request by prosecutors to revoke his bond due to problems with alcohol monitoring.
Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent was driving with a suspended license and had a blood-alcohol content more than twice the legal limit at the time of the car crash that killed teammate and friend Jerry Brown, according to documents released by police Thursday.