- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest Josh Harrison Items
Pedro Alvarez hit a tiebreaking single in the eighth inning and the Pirates beat the St. Louis Cardinals 5-3 on Sunday to take a 2-1 lead in best-of-five NL division series.
Right in the middle of it all from the very start to the end, Bryce Harper delivered the first game-ending homer of his career, a two-run shot in the bottom of the ninth Thursday that lifted Washington to a 9-7 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates and ended the Nationals' losing streak at six.
The St. Louis Cardinals lost their third straight game _ and maybe their All-Star shortstop, too.
The Pittsburgh Pirates placed first baseman Derrek Lee on the 15-day disabled list before their game with the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday.
Down in the batting cage in the bowels of Nationals Park, Ivan Rodriguez had just begun to settle in Saturday night. He'd taken exactly five swings during the bottom of the eighth inning when he popped his head back into the dugout and manager Davey Johnson told him that his practice session was over.
The Pirates have placed outfielder Jose Tabata on the 15-day disabled list with a left quad strain, retroactive to June 27. Infielder Josh Harrison has been recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis to take Tabata's roster spot.
James McDonald allowed two runs in six effective innings, Andrew McCutchen hit a two-run double and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the New York Mets 3-2 on Saturday night.
The Pirates on Monday placed catcher Ryan Doumit (left ankle sprain) and infielder Steve Pearce (right calf strain) on the 15-day disabled list.