- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Josh Smith
Houston is starting to make a habit of 40-point first quarters.
The fact that San Antonio weathered a spate of injuries and a road trip that lasted nearly a month did not surprise Detroit coach John Loyer. But the efficiency the Spurs showed in their return home and return to health left him and the Pistons a bit awe-struck.
Samuel Dalembert had more offensive rebounds than Andre Drummond, Greg Monroe and Josh Smith combined.
Clemson players K.J. McDaniels and DaMarcus Harrison said that the Tigers made a slight change in the second half Saturday at Georgia Tech, yet the result was huge as they turned a nine-point deficit into a 63-55 win.
Hours before John Loyer made his debut as Detroit's interim coach, Chauncey Billups offered a preview.
Quincy Acy's only field goal came at the expense of Wizards center Marcin Gortat, who challenged his dunk attempt and paid the price.
The Detroit Pistons are in the mix for a playoff spot this season. Aside from that, not much has changed at The Palace.
With interim coach John Loyer hoarsely shouting instructions, Brandon Jennings and the Detroit Pistons ran away from the San Antonio Spurs in the third quarter.
The Detroit Pistons have fired coach Maurice Cheeks halfway through his first season with the organization. Surprising? Eh, not with this team.
Clemson was within five points of top-ranked Syracuse midway through the second half, the Orange's starting center was on the bench with four fouls, and his backup was next to him with a sprained right knee.
Even by the Detroit Pistons' recent standards, this was an abrupt change.
A storm across the Northwest blanketed Western Washington with several inches of snow overnight, but warmer temperatures are expected late Sunday and into the week.
Thirty years ago, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186-184 in triple overtime, a game that remains the highest scoring in NBA history.
The Detroit Pistons are still one of the worst fourth-quarter teams in the NBA.
With owner Tom Gores seated courtside, the Detroit Pistons looked at least somewhat like a team that could be tough to play against during the second half of the season.
"There are a lot of young guys and a lot of players on this team that haven't been able to experience the postseason," said Pistons forward Josh Smith, who had 13 points on 4-for-14 shooting. "They won't understand it until they get in and they get that feeling. That's when that addiction starts to creep in."
"We put up a good fight, but in order to beat an elite team like San Antonio, especially on the road, you have to be able to kind of play perfect basketball," he said.